Anti Ragging Committee
“Ragging leads to tears, shame, terror and sometimes death”
Ragging is defined as:Any disorderly conduct whether by words spoken or written or by an act which the effect of teaching, treating or handling with rudeness any other student. Including in rowdy or undisciplined activities which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in a fresher or any other student or asking the students to do any act or perform something which such student will not do in the ordinary course and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of a fresher or any other student. Ragging in the College Campus is absolutely banned, and hence any student found indulging in an act of ragging shall meet strict disciplinary action, which may include immediate rustication from the Institute apart from criminal consequences.
- Ensure ragging free campus and college.
- For fulfilling organizational missions and objectives, by maintaining free of ragging, prohibit, prevent and eliminate the scourge of ragging.
- Maintain amicable relations among students and faculty.
- Punishing those who indulge in ragging.
- The members of the squad will visit at least twice in a week all potential areas of ragging on or outside the campus
- The squad conducts surprise visits/raids on hostels and other hot spots of ragging and apprehends the culprits.
- It shall record all verbal/telephonic/written complaints and take action as stipulated in the bye-laws of the university.
- It shall keep the principal informed of all events/occurrences of ragging in the college.
- Anti-ragging squad will be assisted by members of college teaching staff detailed by the office of the principal on day to day basis to keep vigil on untoward events.