From the VC’s Desk ..
I am very delighted to convey my warm greetings to all members of Syndicate, Senate, Faculty, Staff and the Students of the prestigious Veer Kunwar Singh University with a sense of Pride. I am very elated and enthusiastic to assume office as the ‘Vice Chancellor’ of Veer Kunwar Singh University, Ara, Bihar – Where I have served as a Pro Vice Chancellor for about Two (2) Years. Indeed, it is a historical institution of Higher Education in the district of Bhojpur (land of the great freedom fighter Babu Veer Kunwar Singh) in the state of Bihar, India.
Education is not merely attending school, securing degrees or even acquiring knowledge. I am of the considered view that it is the most effective tool for nurturing character and moral values. In this context what Swami Vivekananda once said is quite relevant.
“Education is not the amount of information that we put into your brain and runs riot there, undigested, all your life. We must have life building, man making, character making assimilation of ideas. If you have assimilated five ideas and made them your life and character, you have more education than any man who has got by heart a whole library.”
Being as 21st century’s Vice Chancellor I would like to focus on consolidation, expansion and diversification, with the following key thrust areas:
- Strengthen Veer Kunwar Singh University’s place on the Global Map of research and education;
- Creating more healthy environment for Research Activities;
- To make the University responsive to ever changing societal needs;
- Teaching enhancement program for teachers to adopt new methods and teaching aids;
- To make best use of IT Infrastructure for Automation in Administrative and Academic process;
- Improving Physical Infrastructure to best suit for increasing needs.
Best regards to one and all
Prof. Syed Mumtazuddin